In order to promote the IKAA Gathering for August 1-5, 2007 in Seoul, South Korea, we have created an informal online group for adoptees interested in attending the Gathering. This online group is through My Space, a very popular social networking site based in the U.S. Although the site's creators are in the U.S., anyone around the world can join. Through this group, Gathering attendees can get to know one another before traveling to Korea.
Creating a My Space Account
In order to join the IKAA Gathering group on My Space, you must first create a My Space account (if you already have a My Space account, you can skip to the steps below on how to join the group).
1) Go to http://www.myspace.com.
2) Click on "Sign Up" in the top, right corner.
3) Complete all of the fields (E-mail address, First name, Last name, Password, Confirm password, Country, Postal Code, Gender, Date of birth, Verification)
4) Upload a photo for your profile.
5) Begin adding friends to your profile by clicking "Add" on their profiles!
Joining the IKAA Gathering 2007 Group
1) Log into your My Space account.
2) Click on "Groups" at the top of the page.
3) Click on "Search Groups" on the left.
4) In the first field under "Groups Advanced Search," type "IKAA Gathering 2007" and select "Keyword."
5) Do not fill in any other fields.
6) Click "Search."
7) There should be an icon for the "IKAA Gathering 2007" group. Click on "Join Group."
8) An e-mail will be sent to the group moderator (Sarah Kim Randolph, AAAW Board of Directors).
**In order to join the group, your My Space profile must be public, and you must have a photo.
If you have further questions about the IKAA Gathering Group on MySpace, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.