Adoptee Amazing Race
The Adoptee Amazing Race is an activity IKAA will be hosting at the Gathering 2010 in order for adoptees who have never been to Seoul, to learn about Seoul, and the cultures and customs of Korea. Based on the hit reality TV Series, The Amazing Race (CBS), teams of 5 people will have to complete certain activities in order to obtain clues on the locations that need to go to next. The teams will be going doing everything from eating typical Korean snacks, singing K-Pop at Norebang (private karaoke rooms) and going to historical areas such as Insadong. In keeping with the theme of the Gathering, during their journey around the city, the teams will need to communicate with Korean Nationals in order to move onto the next location.
RULES OF THE ADOPTEE AMAZING RACE
- Eligibility – Each team member must be a registrant at the Gathering 2010 who has never been to Korea. (Includes spouses and children over 16)
- Teams will consist of 5 people. There must be at least 2 countries represented on each team. Teams will be put together by the IKAA Planning Committee.
- Each team will have 4 hours to complete the race. If they do not complete all of the activities in the given time period, they must return to the Lotte Hotel at the assigned time. The team to complete the most tasks the fastest wins the game.
- Each team must have one digital camera to record their activities.
- Each team will be required to purchase their own T-Money card to take the subway or bus, taking cabs to locations is strictly prohibited.
- Teams are not allowed to call other adoptees that have been to Seoul to ask them for assistance. Teams must communicate with Korean Nationals if they need assistance in getting places. NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED.
- No team can move forwardq to the next location without completing the assigned task.
- Bonus points: Teams will be given “bonus points” for completing certain tasks outside of the required tasks. The reward will be given on their time. For example, if the team completed 3 bonus tasks, they will have 3 minutes subtracted for their total time.
- Any teams who are found cheating will be disqualified.